Everyday you manage to do something that makes me giggle. You do a crab crawl on your back while I change you. You discovered your hands and now play with toys. You laugh. Ohh, it's so sweet.. but I haven't caught it on video yet. When I'm not paying attention to the clock, you will let me know by standing up on me, grabbing my shirt and smoshing your face into my chest while screaming. Yes. I do laugh. But, then I feed you and all is right with your world again.
This was a big month for you. And for me. It was the first time I ever left you for more than a day. It was the first time you were on your own against the world. Well, not really.. but that's what I had built up in my head. Would you make it FOUR DAYS without me? Would I be able to survive four days without you??
I realized a few things on my trip to Montreal.
* I have some really awesome virtual friends who I can proudly say are now IRL friends. (yes, I'm a dork.. so shoot me..).. I wish we were all closer because I want you to meet them so badly!
* I can survive without you and you can survive without me... but it still sucked being away while I was off having fun in another country.
* I never knew I could love so hard and deeply.
* You are my best friend and I hope that we will always be close, but I hope I never forget that I am your mom first.
You are developing such a little personality. Happiness is an understatement. While you have your moments, for the most part, you are a very sweet, content and happy baby - everything I have ever wanted for you. I love your little smile... your little hands and feet... your belly... and most importantly the smell of the top of your head after I give you a bath... I will admit, I have almost licked it. But I have refrained.. so far. :)~
Halloween was a big deal for me. I love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday. I decided not to decorate because of time and energy, but next year will be so awesome because you'll be walking. I searched a lot of places for the perfect 1st costume for you. But, the selection was "ehh"... I settled on a really cute bunny outfit, which ended up working out ok. You didn't like it much, but you were adorable in it.
1 comments:
This post made me tear up. :')''
Post a Comment