Montreal - picture blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I decided to do mostly a picture blog this time because I still haven't recovered from the absolute awesomeness of this past weekend.

Brian and I started our Thursday at a lovely 4:30 AM. Our flight was at 6:40, so that should have been plenty of time, seeing how the airport doesn't even open until 5. As we were making our way to the airport, he realizes that he forgot his wallet. We made a mad dash back to the house, but thankfully, he found it a few minutes later. Even so, with leaving the house 15 minutes late and taking an eight minute u-turn, we almost missed our flight. Like to the point where they were paging us!

We arrived in Atlanta where we discovered our flight was delayed 45 minutes. No problem. Brian's brother had given us 2 club passes, so we hung out there for a while. When we get boarded though, the crew discover a missing placard. Something apparently required for flying the plane. We all waited an hour and a half for them to get it replaced. The plane took off around the time we were supposed to be arriving in Montreal. Lovely.

The plane landed around 4:30pm but of course took forever to taxi. We got to the customs line at 5 and I almost passed out. The line was LONG. And I needed to.. well, relieve my boobs in the worst way. I decided the sooner we get in line, the sooner we'd get out.

At 6:30pm, we arrive at the custom agent's booth. This was not my first time in customs, but boy did it sound like it! I actually took the lady we were meeting people we met on the internet. HELLO CRAZY! What I should have said was "We're here on vacation." Lesson learned.

Notre Dame Bascillica - built in the 1600s


Another view..


The colors inside were AMAZING!


The organ


The church


Closer view of the front


Pretty fall colors... maple trees


Clock Tower


Scorpion and Tequila Worm Lollipops

Where part of The Score was filmed


Of course... we found Laser Quest.


Mr Steer for breakfast... Peep show for dessert? HA!


Poutine... absolutely disgusting.. but apparently, the Canadians love this ... stuff. :)


Ye Old Orchard Pub... this place was FANTASTIC. And right across the street...


Firegrill for dinner with the girls (and Brian)

Brian pretending to be Canadian... aww.. cute, eh?


The gang! I have never spent 2 days with so many wonderful women in my life... I miss them so much!

4 comments:

CO said...

Awww!! I miss you guys too!!!! :(

Curiosity said...

It is now my life's personal mission to find you some decent poutine.

If you agree to try that, I promise I will eat chicken on a waffle. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw - I wish I could have been there!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Cyn = <3

Cali = DEAL!

Natalie = WE really wish you could have been there, too!

Post a Comment