Free Haircut.... success-ish?

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ok.. so, you get what you pay for, right? Well, I didn't pay a dime - you aren't even supposed to tip. The cut isn't horrible, but it definitely isn't great. I had a hairstylist for about 5 years and then she moved away :( She was FABULOUS though. For someone like me to get attached to a hairstylist - let me just say, that's a big deal. She charged $45 and I always gave her a $15 tip. But, I only went once or twice a year. So, for $60-120 a year, my hair typically looked pretty good. Her cuts grew out so nicely, so honestly, while I should have been going more often, I didn't ever remember until it got to the "Ok.. this haircut has lived past it's lifespan" moment. :)~

So, here it is:


Funny story... The appointment was at 2:30, but the ad said to get there 30 minutes early, which to me means get there an hour early. I parked, but just kind of watched the door for traffic. Someone else arrived at 1:45, but I beat him in because I'm sneaky like that.

I got in the chair right at 2:30. The lady asked me what I wanted and I said something between my lips and my chin for length and if you want to keep the layers, that's fine too.. but I'd let her be creative. This is what I tell my old stylist, so I think I'm just used to that... eek. I don't think she was comfortable with what I was saying, so she suggested only taking an inch off to take off the wave/curl. So, I didn't get the length taken off that I wanted - BOO. That was really the main reason I was going in.

I don't know about ya'll, but I think I left with more wave/curl than when I came in.

Oh well. It's only hair and that's always been my thinking... it'll grow back and I can cut it off all over again. It could have been worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment