Liam is one week old. Time flies when you are sitting on your butt doing nothing because the doc has you on light duty for 2 weeks. UGH. I think this has caused a bit of a problem with feeding though. I hold him a lot of the time, because... why not? But, he cluster feeds all day, so I'm exhausted from that. He doesn't like going to other people much either.
The good thing about this past week is Brian and my mother were here to essentially wait on me. I haven't had to cook, clean or change many diapers, which has been nice. Granted, I feel a bit worthless when I'm not allowed to do anything. Brian will go back to work tomorrow. I'm not sure how long my mother is staying.
Kaylee is showing a few signs of jealousy, but we are trying to include her in as much stuff as possible. I've gotten to have a bit of alone time with her, which has been nice. She wasn't phased by Liam until yesterday. I guess she's figuring out that he's here to stay.
He's a sweet baby... for the most part he sleeps at night and only wakes to nurse twice. So, I guess I'll take the not sleeping a bunch during the day for that.
Today is Easter. It's also the first Easter where Kaylee is old enough to egg hunt. And I'm missing it. Brian took her to church this morning and then to my grandmother's. I hope he gets some good pictures. I'm really sad to miss this, but there's no way I'm taking a 1 week old to a place with 30 people. Sounds like trouble.
My anxiety finally let up around Wednesday. I've been a bit more calm since then. As long as I don't think about it, I'm ok.
Movin' on to week two....
2 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment