Jinx!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So, right after my last post, Lil Buddy decided that cluster nursing all day and night was the way to go. The definition of cluster nursing though is nursing constantly for a few hours and then sleeping for 4-6. He seems to have forgotten that because the child does not sleep for more than 10 minutes at a time. We can typically hold him off for 20-30 minutes, but after that... he's back on me. He also refuses to nurse if his diaper is dirty. We've gone through a huge box of NB diapers already. I fear what this kid will cost us in the future if he's already sucking us dry with just the expense of diapers. HA!

The good thing? He's awfully cute...
The bad thing? I've had a headache for 3 days because I'm not able to sleep much at all.

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

He looks like such a cutie! Remind me again, did you guys know it was a boy or were you surprised too? Either way, it's so exciting that you got your boy!
I hope things settle down in the next few days and that he settles into a nice feeding routine (well as much routine as you can expect with a newborn!). Let me know if you need anything at all!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

He was a surprise :)

CynthiaO said...

Soph was a crazy cluster feeder too, although she did sleep well at night. But that didn't start until she was about . . . 6 - 8 weeks old maybe? The first couple of months wer tough but then she got into a good schedule. I'm sure you guys will figure it out. He is so freaking cute!!! I hope that Kaylee is fairing well through it all too, I'm sure she will be in love with him eventually too! Love you guys and miss you!!!!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Kaylee ignores him for the most part. She shows a few jealous tendencies every now and then, but nothing too bad. Keeping her entertained while I'm stranded in the recliner is going to be the hardest part once my mom leaves. I'm a bit scared about that...

Post a Comment