Where did my sweet kid go? Seriously, it's like a switch just turned off and I have the Devil's Spawn. Kaylee's been testing boundaries since about 18 months, but all of a sudden, it's gotten so much worse. Melting in the floor. Screaming. Hitting. Not listening. Running away.
While I want to suspect that it has to do with the baby, I'm not so sure. She hasn't shown any interest in him since he came home. When she needs something, I get it for her. I play with her and tend to just about every need (that she can't do herself). Not much has changed in her world as far as how much attention she gets. Or maybe I'm missing something... Maybe even though she's not getting any less attention, the attention the baby gets is driving her nuts.
This week was the week I decided I needed to get out of the house and try to live life with both the kids. We went grocery shopping one day. That went ok. I definitely can't make a huge run though, which means I'll probably have to go every week, maybe even twice a week. Yesterday, we went to Walgreens and to a friend's house. That also went ok. But today... OMG... shoot me.
We have family pictures scheduled for Sunday, which means I need to figure out what everyone is going to wear now just in case I need to pick something up to complete an outfit or two. Brian needed shoes... Liam needed an entire outfit... I needed an outfit... Kaylee needs sandals and I would love to find Liam some little booties. Kohls had sent me a 30% off coupon, which is the highest they offer and the only time I'll shop there. So, my first stop was to the resale shop. I wanted to find Liam a little polo and some jean shorts. The polo was a success, the shorts - not so much. The entire time we were there, Kaylee ran around like a little idiot. Screaming if I tried to tame her. So embarrassing. I met Brian up at Kohls. He found shoes. I found a dress. That experience was mostly ok.
No sooner do we get back in the car and Kaylee has a fit. Her fit continued through lunch and now into her nap. I'm beside myself. We have tile, so I'm concerned she's going to start banging her head on it. If either of us ask her to do anything, she runs away or melts into the floor screaming. The only way I've found to get her to listen is to tell her bye and walk away. But, if I'm in a store, I can't really do that. Same in a parking lot.
I'm *this* close to just not leaving the house with both kids again. It was so much less stressful. Maybe I just went out too soon. He is only 3.5 weeks old...
2 years ago
1 comments:
I would bet she is having a hard time adjusting. Going from being the one and only to second at times is probably hard for her. She probably doesn't even relaize that's what is upsetting her...she is just upset.
I bet it passes.
Phene has her moments. No major temper tantrums. But will get testy with me at store and start running around everywhere and running from me. VERY frustrating! And it's not like you want your child to have a breakdown in front of people so it's kind of hard to get on to walk away or discipline them.
Don't give up on going places. Maybe just go one place and come home. And see how that works?
I hear you though...I don't have much patience in these situations and just end up being emotionally fried. Like a zombie mommy :)
Post a Comment