Baby Stuff Galore... and now it really sets in...

Monday, March 29, 2010

Yesterday, Brian's side of the family threw me a baby shower. It was small and intimate which is just how I like parties. Grandma was on a roll.... throw in her daughters and a character we often call Chrissy, and O M G... I laughed the entire time. Free entertainment is the best entertainment.

The food was amazing... there was pico de gallo pizza, sweet and sour meatballs, little puff pastries, spinach-artichoke dip.... and the cake.

Poor Grandma... haha she had such a hard time with this, but it sounds like she took it in stride. It all worked out. She requested a lemon sheet cake. When she went to pick it up, the cake was round. And had fondant on it. Apparently, they thought she said lemon cheese cake. It was delish! So, it worked out in the end... I <3 anything lemon, so score for Grandma!

We did one game and it was the very traditional, yet disgusting "Guess the Poo" game. I suck at this game, but it's still really funny to watch everyone stick their faces into diapers trying to figure out what the mascaraed chocolate once was... Grandma CHEATED! And she wasn't ashamed of it at all... LOL... the funny thing is, I don't even think she won... :p We got some cute pictures of her channeling her best "Gene Simmons"... Scrapbooking this is going to be a lot of fun!





The gifts were amazing... we got the crib and mattress as well as the high chair. Lindsey got little Kaylee a number of really sweet outfits (the ruffles on the butt were the hit)... And the mobile from Deanne and Katelyn... O M G.. how perfect! I can't wait to get it all up and in it's place.

Chrissy and I are due within a few weeks of each other. I have been wanting some good baby bump pix with both of us.. We definitely got that opportunity.... She's pregnant with her second boy. I'm definitely smaller, but I'm also hoping for a 6-7 pounder.. she's hoping for under 10... hahaha



0 comments:

Post a Comment