Yesterday, I finally made time to make the liquid laundry detergent. I got the recipe from Michelle Duggar's recipe page. I don't endorse her having 20 kids (and still wanting more), but I think it's great that she posts her recipes that work for her on her site.
Today, I will get to try it out and see if it completely ruins my towels or small blanket in the process. But, there's a certain level of trust with this recipe. The reason being - she uses it. And there's 22 people in her household. It has to work.
I will tell ya - you can indeed grate your fingers! So, if you choose to try this out, be careful grating the soap when it gets to the end, otherwise you'll end up like me and take off part of your thumb. YUM! I recommend grating the soap as fine as possible. It took FOR.EV.ER to melt on low-medium heat.
EDIT: I've tested it... and it works just lovely! Warning though.. it looks a little nasty when you open the bucket up after sitting... but it smells good! :)
--> Go to Recipe
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment