It's been forever since I've been able to post an update. Sorry about that. Since the last post, I've had 2 more wonderful showers. I'll try to incorporate some pictures this afternoon if I can make myself sit down for a moment. Right now, my energy level is decent, so I've been taking advantage of that and trying desperately to get the house put together... Less stuff means less to clean.
Brian has decided to downsize his fish keeping hobby some, which will help a ton as far as noise, time to clean the tanks and the expense of upkeep. We're down to 3 tanks - 2 down stairs and 1 up in his man-cave. The difference is amazing!
I'm trying to finish some projects I started before I got pregnant. Unfortunately, being sick/miserable/in pain the entire time has not helped. I have 5 tiles I still need to lay in the master bath. It's driving me bonkers that I wasn't able to finish. I also have a little more of the vinyl planks to put down in the laundry area. I should be able to finish that this weekend.
Kaylee's room is pretty much put together. All I really need to do is wash her clothes and sheets. We have almost everything that we need, which is awesome.
I quit my job in April. It was a decision that I had been pondering over for over 2 years. The environment was toxic and I really think that's part of why I was so desperately ill. Stress and I have never gotten along very well. But, as most of ya'll know, it's hard to keep me still, much less in bed for any extended amount of time. I started poking around on some job sites and found a PT temp position at a wonderful company. There's even hopes of keeping me PT perm after the baby arrives. That will depend on a few things - one of the biggest is childcare. If I can't find childcare that would be worth the expense of me working, then it shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise, I'll be a SAHM.
In the last few weeks, I had 2 showers. My SIL threw one for me with the fam. It turned out great. We pretty much got stocked up on clothes and some diapers. Yay! Kaylee won't be naked all the time... :)~ The following week, Jenny threw me a scrapbooking shower. I was amazed at the turn out. I had friends from Houston, FT Hood and South Austin all come in for it. It was great to see everyone! Plus, the pages everyone created are awesome.. I can't wait to plug the pictures in and fill in the blanks.
Also in the last few weeks, we found out a good friend of ours is expecting her first kiddo! So, they'll be about 6 months apart. Babies EVERYWHERE! ;)
As for me... I'm doing better. My energy level isn't so hot in the mornings and evenings, but the afternoons are decent. I'm still occasionally getting sick, but I've nailed it down to when I'm overly stressed about whatever. I've gained 19lbs, but that doesn't count the weight I lost in the first 6 months, so I really have no idea how much I've gained... it's probably closer to like 10lbs. Woops. I am anemic, so I'm working on getting that under control. Apparently, that's a very common problem because the blood volume has increased so much.
Kaylee is estimated to be about 4lbs right now (33 weeks gestation). So, if she gains a 1lb every 2-3 weeks, we're looking at about 6-7lbs at birth.
After talking to a bunch of my friends who have 1-2 kiddos, I've decided that we are not going to invite people to the hospital for visiting... at least not the first day - we'll play the 2nd day by ear. Based on what the insurance company is telling me - if there are no complications, I won't be there but 2 days anyway. The stress of having visitors takes away from the focus of why we are there... and I really need Brian's full attention and help. The house will be a more comfortable place for everyone to meet little Kaylee. Plus - while ya'll are fawning over her - I can go to my bedroom and take a nap! :)~
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment