Talk about blowing a girl away... We had been keeping our engagement under wraps because he hadn't gotten me the ring yet. BUT, because we had already chosen the date, I had to move forward with planning. Talk about a being in a difficult situation... but it all worked out.
I'll tell my version, then his.
I knew we were going out to the ranch on Saturday and I had a very good idea why. Thursday night, he asked if I was ok with being blindfolded. I told him, I wouldn't do anything to ruin his plan, so whatever he needed to do was fine.
When we got back to the house from Scotty's place, we chilled for a few moments and then headed out. We got on 35 and he was talking about the "past" and the "present" and the "future". Later, we hit 29 and he says "Ok, we have to make a detour." So he starts heading back south on Parmer. I'm thinking, is this a cruel joke? Is he just taking me back to the house? What's going on? He makes me put the blindfold on around 620. All I know is there was a lot of turning. He could have been in a parking lot doing circles for all I know... haha Brian got out of the truck and asked me not to peek. A few moments later, he came back... we drove for a little bit and then he let me take the blindfold off. We were on 183 now.
Once we got to the ranch, he turned the heat on for me. At this time, he's now stalling, which was making me really nervous. We checked out the new lighting out on the patio (it looks AWESOME!). He noticed I was shivering, so we went back in. Still stalling... He finally asked if I had seen what they had done in the back room? I said no and went to go look... Nothing was different. "The beds are made!" he said... Yea.. I probably made them! haha. I went to turn back out and he wouldn't let me leave.
He took both my hands and told me how much he loved me and that the last 8 months have been the most amazing and he doesn't want to imagine life without me. He got down on one knee and pulled out the ring and asked me if he would marry me. I got dizzy, said yes and hugged and kissed him. The ring was so much more than I could have imagined. I'm still blown away by it.
So to explain the "past, present, future"... it's a 3 stone engagement ring. Each stone represents our "past, present and future" lives together.
Now for his version:
On Thursday, he went to the jeweler and selected 2 rings. He asked the salesperson if he could hold them until Friday and that he would come back to buy one of them. The guy said yes.
Friday, he takes his lunch and drives across town only to find out that the guy had sold the ring he picked. He was not happy, to say the least. The guy asked when he needed it and Brian replied "TOMORROW!" The sales person disappeared into the manager's office for about 10 minutes and came back to tell Brian "We have the ring at another location. We're going to over night it and have it sized and ready to go by 1pm tomorrow.".
Friday night, we drove out to Scott's place. We all crawled out of bed around 2p (it was a late night..haha). Just as we were getting ready to leave, his phone rings. The jeweler was calling (an hour and a half late) to tell him the ring arrived late, but they would have it ready by 3:30. I can only imagine Brian's nerves at this point.. poor guy!!
So fast forward to being on 29. Around Parmer he realized HE FORGOT THE RING! haha So, that explained the detour.
The rest is history.... :)~
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment