The Dress

Monday, January 19, 2009

I had an appointment at the bridal shop yesterday at noon. I am an online shopper, so I scoped out a bunch of shops around town and finally nailed down one where I found all the dresses I would want. I met Jenny and Amber up at the shop.

I tried on the dress I picked out first (we moved on to other choices later). When I got up on that little podium, I got a hot flash of adrenaline. It was actually quite amusing... I had been hot since Saturday night, but this was just too funny. I'm pretty sure the girls were amused as well. Later, Jenny was talking about how she was happy for me and that she's never seen me like this before. And that's when the waterworks turned on... It's true.

As some of ya'll know, I was married once before. But I was not excited about the actual wedding part at all. In fact, I just wanted to go to a JP. It turned out fine and I'm glad I did it, but this experience is completely different. I'm incredibly excited and everyone has been rallying around me. This is just right.

So, after I said no to about 3 or 4 other dresses, I put the original one back on for a bit. :) A little while later, it was time for us to talk about the bridesmaids dresses.

I am trying to be flexible, but I also want this to look good. I really don't like having the bridesmaids in different outfits. Although, if that's what they had chosen to do, I'm sure it would have worked out just fine. The girls picked a dress that will look good on everyone.

The biggest part is out of the way! The dresses have been ordered. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That’s great.!! I can't wait to see your bridesmaids dresses.

Post a Comment