Broke as a Joke...

Thursday, April 25, 2013

... but biting the bullet.

Brian has said for years "Hire someone."

And I've always said "We can't afford it."

Then I got to thinking... my sanity can no longer handle a lot of the little things that bother me in my life. And I know this is a "first world problem".. I should buck up and do it all... with a smile. But that's not where I'm at.

I need things to be clean. It is a constant struggle to do that with 3 other people in this house, plus myself.. destroying it on a daily basis. And given that we live in a house that is way too big for us (now.. it'll be perfect when the kids are teens).. I just can't keep up.

After griping and begging (for years) for Brian to help more around the house and getting the typical run around - when I know he's thinking "This is woman's work!" because that's how he was raised.. argh - I'm hiring someone. I hope they are available. They currently clean my bff's house twice a month. I'm going to try and budget for a weekly ordeal.

This will give me a lot of time to do other things.. like work. I have some pretty hefty goals for myself and the only way I can make those goals is to let other things go. If this goes well and I start making money, I might be contracting out the yard work too.. although that would make me sad as I really do love mowing. I just hate edging.



So here goes nothing.... money isn't everything, right? Ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment