Ramblings...

Monday, April 22, 2013

Oh boy... I can't really complain about life after all the people of Boston and West have gone through. I can hope that those people are getting the help they need to move forward in life. I hope that the bomber gets his day in court and justice is served. I hope that the people of West find answers as to why this happened to them.

I have been working. Kind of. I started coding again and spent most of the last two weeks crying because I have forgotten almost everything I once knew. It was embarrassing. It was disheartening.. and most of all discouraging. Because the one thing I could call myself besides a label associated with family is a web developer. I'm not even sure I can do that anymore.

The site I had proved to be too much for me to handle. I contracted it out. The first time I have ever had to do that. BUT... as I got the site back, I realized that while my profit is gone, I now have a custom template to learn from on the side. I have a major project I want to get moving on and this may be what I need to get back in the game. I'm trying to look at the positives instead of my ultimate defeat with this site.

I just realized that school is only in session one more month. Then summer begins. I need to get moving on my agenda for the summer so that I have a plan to keep Kaylee engaged, learning and also not bored. As much as I want to hate it, Pinterest will probably save me with this.

Liam is still being as cute as ever.. still not walking, which surprises me, but doesn't really bother me. As soon as he does, they'll be going in opposite directions even faster than they already do.

This summer will also mark a lot of changes at our house. Only cosmetic. I'll be painting A LOT. And building out our guest bedroom. My best friend and I randomly came up with a plan to solve both our problems and save us money. She needs a queen size bed and I need a twin. So, we'll be trading bedroom suites over the summer. This will make room for my future office/craft/scrap/book/biz room.. I can't wait!

And as a final note to this ramble:

(scene)
Kaylee is freshly out of the bath and on the bathroom counter. I'm drying her off about to get her ready for bed.

(act)
She twists around, flings the towel off of her and sticks her butt in my face.
Kaylee: MY BUTT! It needs panties!

Why yes... yes it does... My 2 year old cracks me up on a daily basis. I'm so thankful for that.

2 comments:

Annaliese said...

Your child is hilarious.

That is all.

Kristal said...

Who knew the humor from a 2 year old could keep a 32 year old going... :p she does this kind of stuff daily, I just wish I had the mindset and energy to remember to write it down..

Post a Comment