Kiddos

Friday, February 8, 2013

I haven't done a post on the kids in a while it seems. I'll try to dig up some pictures and video to post soon.

Kaylee... oh man... where do I even start? She's a little over 2.5 years now and a spit fire. Since school started in September, she's grown so much mentally, physically and emotionally. I often wonder if she's having a hard time with all the growth because she has become a major challenge for me. It's either that or she's just two. Over Thanksgiving, we potty trained. And things went really well for a little while. But then she regressed over #2. We're still fighting that challenge and I'm honestly at my wits ends. I always said "I never understood moms who said they dealt with a toddler pooping in the bath tub." And I still don't... but I have officially joined the group of moms who kids have played in it during naptime and smeared it all over their walls.

Shoot me now because I haven't figured out how to deal with this. I'm on a constant pins and needle BM watch until she goes. And apparently, even then, she could go twice in one day and completely catch me off guard.

Please. Shoot me now.

So, for Liam, I'm trying to head off this problem. We've slowly started elimination communication. The hope is, he's 10 months old. He has no fear. And if we get him used to sitting on the potty now, he won't fear it later. That's my thinking and hope. Right now he thinks it's the greatest perch.

 At school, they finally have enough kids and teachers to separate the kids back into 2s and 3s. But, they went the entire first half of the year together, so now I'm torn on whether I like that her class will be "dumbed" down, so to speak. She was doing EXCELLENT in the 3 year old class. She's recognizing a few words even! I'm trying to come up with some routines to do during the summer to keep her engaged. I remember even in elementary school that my summers were full of nothing but TV watching, video game playing and the occasional game of slip n slide with Woollite carpet cleaner. Oh yes. Yes we did. By the time I got back to school, my handwriting was awful and basic skills I had learned the year before were just vaguely there. I don't want that to happen with Kaylee - ever. But, I also don't want her in school year round, so I'm trying to figure things out that will still teach her, but will be fun.

Liam is cruising and on his way to walking. I suspect he'll walk before his first birthday, but who knows. He's been crawling since the day before 5 months. I honestly figured he'd be walking by Christmas. I thank you, Liam. Seriously. Christmas was hard enough.

But yea.. so the kids have been a challenge. I'm tired both physically and emotionally.  Belize is in 10 days.


0 comments:

Post a Comment