Child Predator: A Neighborhood Story

Friday, February 15, 2013

Wednesday morning was a mostly typically morning for me. I got everyone up and ready. Today was slightly different in that Kaylee had a Valentines party at school. So, we went to my grandmother's so I could drop the baby off, then I went to hang out with Kaylee for a bit. The party was adorable... seriously. Kids this age are so flippin' cute. I think if there is a God, he did this on purpose with all that we have to put up with as parents.


Looking at her Valentine



Suckers... sigh. Thankfully, she hasn't noticed them missing. LOL

These two are SO cute together. Seriously.

Handing out her Valentines to everyone



Homemade birdfeeders! (Gelatin/Birdseed)





 After the party, I went back to my grandmother's to hang out. This is where I received a text from a friend asking if I lived on a particular street, which I did. There was an attempted kidnapping a few houses from me. Police activity was super high in the area. My heart dropped.

Now... I'm not so naive to think that the neighborhood I live in is perfect. There are some out there who do think that. It's a great neighborhood, but crime can happen anywhere. But, I haven't experienced anything THIS close to me before. Nothing on a trail that I walk on occasion - and was planning to start jogging on alone once the weather warmed up.

The thing that makes me most angry about this case is that the predator had been attempting since May. MAY. And we were just now hearing about it. The other thing that makes me angry is I know the predator's sister. It's absolutely heartbreaking. I can not imagine the grief her and her family are going through. I'm now feeling for both sides of this story. I do not feel any compassion towards the predator - but towards those closest to him that may not have had a clue what was going on with him.

Hug your kids... Watch and listen for signs of mental illness. Do not just look away. You could save their life and the lives of those they may later try to hurt. This world is full of hurt, but I truly believe it is because people turn their head and look away instead of acting. I say this from a chronic sufferer of depression.

My Valentine Date!



During all of this, I volunteered to set up a Neighborhood Watch. I'm really excited to be apart of this. I'm really excited to see so many others wanting to be apart of this. We will watch each others backs better. We will make FP a safer place to play and live. It may not be perfect, but it's something we can strive for. I love my neighbors and am so thankful to live next to the people I do.
This is for you, Krista. Love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment