It took a long time for me to want children. I was scared of so many factors that are not in my control. The society is not a pretty place. And with the internet, I think there's too much information out there of "what's best" and "how to raise your child." With that knowledge, people find themselves telling you how you should be doing things without even asking for their opinions in the first place.
It's frustrating. And I haven't figured out a way to politely tell people to STFU. :)~ I'm not one to not ask for help or for other people's experiences. I like to hear what works for other people - just on my own terms.
So, when I enrolled Kaylee in preschool, I didn't know I needed to know how to deal with other parents. I never thought in a million years that someone would see ME as their go-to person to gripe when there's 30 other parents around. Why me? Is it because I have the youngest/smallest kid in the class so they know I'm dealing with some issues myself? I don't know. It's not something I have talked to any of the other parents about. I've been communicating with the teachers.
Today, I got stuck at the preschool after I dropped Kaylee off. Two beautiful dogs were running around the parking lot and I felt I needed to catch them. With my 6 month old in tow. Thankfully, I had a rope in the truck to use as a leash as we called the owner. This is where I got backed into the corner with another parent. Her kid has been bit repeatedly, which would upset me a great deal, too.. but I don't see what her kid has to do with my kid. My kid is being growled and roared at. She's scared of the boys in the class. Am I running to everyone telling them? No... I'm trying to get Kaylee to realize there's nothing to be scared of... they are just boys. I wanted to tell her to tell her kid just to bite back. I mean, seriously... if the biter is biting her kid all the time, why can't you teach your kid to stick up for himself? (biting probably isn't the best solution... but eye for an eye, eh??) :p I do think the biter should be removed from the class for the day after he does that, but that's my opinion... and until my kid is bit (not likely.. she doesn't play with the boys), I just can't worry about it.
When I went to pick Kaylee up from school, the mom stopped me AGAIN to tell me about this 3 page email she sent to them. Why can't this situation be dealt with between the parent and the teacher? Are all parents this psycho?!? And how do I get her to back off me? I have two little kids I'm trying to wrangle. I don't have the time or the energy to be friends with this woman. I now avoid Target because I've seen her there twice. Once she saw me and was telling me how I should buy pullups.... LOL Lemme tell ya.. it's saving me some money by not going there anymore!
2 years ago
2 comments:
I do not know but I feel ya. Kinda? I have a coworker who insists in sharing all her home and child details with me. I don't know WHY. She's almost 10 years older, has a 21 year old and a 12 year old..... and keeps trying to bounce things off me?? Lady, I have CATS not kids!!!!
I did learn that not all parents are this psycho at the school. :)~ I made friends with one of them by accident on FB. I was mad because she posted about her kid's Halloween bucket being stolen off their porch. Seriously? Who takes the whole bucket? Take the candy if you are that desperate, but grr! Anyway, we connect really well. She's an older parent (has teens... and then a 4 year old... hehe). I love her. She's really cool.
The other parent actually quit the preschool - yay!
I think people like that are just really lonely. I used to do that crap to other people. Now I just blog... :p I'm still lonely, but at least I'm not annoying everyone I like. LOL
Post a Comment