I need help finding a good site! I'm looking for a calendar that will tell me what I'm to cook. If you click on it, it goes to the recipe. I also want a grocery list. It would be awesome if they had a mobile app that you can access your list from - but I want to do all the nitty gritty stuff on my computer. It'd also be awesome if they had a nutrition guide.
I thought I found something I would like. But, the calendar is pre-filled and then you can customize it. This wouldn't be an issue except I ended up adding all of my recipes and deleting theirs. On top of that, it only allows one meal per day. Uhm... we don't always eat 3 meals, but we do eat at least 2! Ugh. So, I gave up after creating a week of one meal a day.
Loaded Nachos
Pizza
Enchiladas
Loaded Baked Potatoes
Spaghetti and meatballs
Egg and Bacon Sandwiches
Bacon wrapped Salmon
Ok.. so there's several things wrong with my list. One -- where's the veggies and fruit?!? Two -- OMG THE CARBS! They are going to be the death of me. But, I'm not a very good cook. These are some of the things I don't suck at (minus the salmon.. that's totally a Brian thing..).
I have recently found that I can make a fruit salad out of frozen fruit. I had searched high and low wondering if you could do this and everyone said no. Pfft... It tastes fine to me! So, maybe I'll add that to my meals. Lately the produce hasn't been stellar, so I have been passing on a lot of my regular choices. The salmon recipe I found came with a spinach salad and I know we won't eat an entire bag of salad in one meal. Still...
Along with this list, I am planning to make soup. Two kinds. Black bean and lentil. I've never had lentil soup, so I hope the time won't go to waste and that I'll love it. Both recipes are freezable, which I love but we're going to run out of freezer room soon, so it'll have to go into the rotation... maybe lunch?
2 years ago
3 comments:
Want my list of stuff I make in my Sunday night cook-a-paloozas? I've been trying to do 4 sides, 2 mains, and a dessert for the week.
Yes, please!!
Wow sorry I completely missed your reply..... I guess I don't get email notifications for this. :P check here for my weekly menus: http://amuseliese.blogspot.com/search/label/WeeklyMenu
Post a Comment