The Day My Daughter Started a Life of Her Own

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's crazy to think that now, my 2 year old, has a life of her own. One where I don't know every waking detail. One where she isn't with family. She's with a teacher. And other kids her age. 



We left early because I wasn't sure how long it would take us to get there. There are 3 schools I have to drive by - all in one school zone, which blinks almost all day. It took us 12 minutes to go 1 mile. I felt like I was in Houston again.

As we got out of the truck, she began screaming "Shelley!!! Shelley!!!" It made me smile and cry at the same time. I love that she loves her teacher. But, I'm so sad that this day came so quickly. I talked to her teacher for a moment and then left. Kaylee didn't cry. She did, however give me a kiss, which I was surprised by. Typically, she refuses unless it's on her terms.

In the parking lot, I shed a few tears. My baby girl isn't a baby anymore. 


I came back a little early so I could watch her interact. It took me 5 minutes to get to the school. Weird. Anyway, she was hoppin' around playing. I snapped a few pictures while she wasn't looking. I love how she's the only one willingly sitting. Everyone ranted and raved about how she was their favorite. How she is the sweetest thing. And how she was very tired and would pass out soon. HA! My child, nap?!? I was hoping she'd fall asleep on the way home, but that didn't happen. Nor did she fall asleep when I put her to bed. I wish I had that much energy...


While she was gone, I came home and worked on a client's site. Then I cleaned the office. All while Liam happily played in his bouncer.

The one good thing about her going to school besides the obvious is that my house will soon be decluttered and clean! I just don't have enough work to keep me busy all 20 hours she'll be at school and/or napping/resting. But, I hope that will change soon.

3 comments:

Rain said...

you are SO lucky she didn't cry...that really breaks your heart. First day of school for Phene I cried all the way to work.
She looks adorable, love her hair!

Kristal said...

She's so social.. she actually cries when visitors leave. But, I guess she knows I'm coming back? Cuz she's yet to cry out for me...

Thanks! The back is all ringlets. We have no idea where she got that from.. But, I'm hoping they stick around!

Adrianne said...

She is so super cute! Glad school is going well for her (and you!). I'm so impressed that you're actually able to work at home while you still have Liam there. Way to go!

Post a Comment