Epiphany....

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ever look at your child(ren) and have a sudden realization that they are more awesome than words can describe and you can't believe they are yours?

I think about this pretty often, but the other day Kaylee came up to me and just stared into my eyes... I broke down and started crying.

For two years old, she's a pretty neat kid. She pushes my buttons daily, but at the end of the day, all I want to do is curl up on the sofa and cuddle with her.. I've known lots of two year olds but maybe I'm forgetting about how much they can know at this age. Her vocabulary, memory retention and personality are so big and strong.

Then there's Liam. By a month, he was rolling over and smiling regularly. By two months, he was sleeping through the night. By three months, he is talking constantly while playing with his feet. His gummy smile makes me tear up as well. Kaylee didn't smile near what Liam does no matter how hard I tried to get her to.

My kids. MY kids. Crazy...

1 comments:

CynthiaO said...

Yup. This happens to me all the time. Sophie is just one super amazing little person and I am just so lucky to have her! Aren't those "mom" moments awesome? :)

Post a Comment