Why?

Saturday, July 21, 2012

I've been thinking about all of the people affected by the Colorado shooting and everytime I think about the victims, I come back to one question... Why? And unfortunately, it's not the same question of Why that others have... it's the not the question of Why did he pick that night? Why did he target a theater? Why did he booby trap his apartment? It's a more selfish question of Why... a question I've held my tongue on, but have lost sleep over... so to clear my mind, I'm putting it here.. on my blog that not many people read. And hopefully those who do, I don't offend or upset.

Why would you take your 4 month old to such a loud movie? I get cabin fever. I get depression and the need to leave the house. But. I would never take my babies to a theater at a) midnight and b) to a movie that isn't specifically designed for them... meaning volume level and content. Meaning, it'll probably be a few more years before we make a family trip. It honestly infuriates me that someone would be so irresponsible and then go on national TV to tell the world how thankful you are. If you weren't there, it wouldn't have affected you. UGH.

So, then we get to the rating. This is not a kid's movie. Who in their right mind thinks that? It's rated PG-13. Does anyone even care about ratings anymore? So, why was a 6 year old there? Again... UGH.

It makes me sick that parents take their young children to such loud movies. I can maybe get past the content... it depends on the kid. But, it's the volume level that bothers me the most. Maybe it's because I have hearing loss from listening to things way too loud - particularly music, but I wouldn't doubt movies have a thing to do with it too. I rarely go to theaters anymore because my ears just can't handle it.

There's my rant on that... I'm sad for all of the people involved. I hope the shooter has his day in court soon so justice can be served swiftly.

On to my next rant... I'm hiding a bunch of people on FB. Mostly for their ignorant posts. Lets clear something up. He owned the guns LEGALLY. So, for Gods sake.. stop posting crap saying "legal gun owners don't do this and that..." That's not the complete truth unfortunately. MOST legal gun owners are responsible. MOST don't go on homicidal rampages. But, of course it only takes one (or a few) to get everyone up in arms about gun control. There should have been a red flag on this guy's address for the ammunition alone. No one individual needs 6,000 rounds in a few short months. Another red flag should have gone up when he bought 4 weapons in a month's time. If anything, maybe there should be a system in place that records people's activity for a year. There should be caps on how much you can buy in a short period of time. But for cripes sake, don't take responsible gun owner's rights away. People who want guns for harm will find a way to get them... look at gangs and other criminals.

It's time for bed... a happier, less crabby post will follow on my bathroom painting jobs. They turned out pretty nifty. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment