So, since I got a smart phone, I've been on my computer less and less, which means I don't make time to blog near as much. Resting while taking care of Liam is much easier with a smart phone... He sleeps better on me and while I don't let him do that often, it's hard to say no to that little gummy smile. I'm able to log on FB and check my mail, but that's the extent of what I do on my phone since I'm smart phone stupid. :p
Anyway, so in the last month, Kaylee turned 2. I turned 32. And Liam turned 3 months. The party was super laid back just how I wanted. I baked cupcakes in flat bottom ice cream cones, which were a hit. Then I got some "swirls" (often called pinwheels) from Target. Those were an even bigger hit. And I made my signature punch of lime sherbet and 7up. The kids played at the splashpad for a while, then we sang happy birthday, ate goodies and everyone went home. No fuss. No muss. It was great!
I've been working on the house a little bit. I bought paint for the powder room and the kid's bathroom. The first coat in the powder room is up. I'm going to try and do the second coat Wednesday to finish it up. No idea when I'll get to do the kid's bathroom, but at least I have all the things to move forward if I happen to have a half day to myself. HA!
Brian is going to Alaska next week to fish. The hope is that he'll bring back 110 lbs of fish for our freezer. Om Nomnom! I'm hoping for lots of salmon and halibut. The ling cod was good too, but we didn't care for the rockfish last time and ended up giving a lot of that away. Then in September, he's going fishing AGAIN. This time on the Texas/Mexico border. He'll be shooting for snapper and red fish. I love these trips that he takes. It doesn't cost a lot for him to go down south and thank goodness for airline miles for the north trips! Hunting season also starts in September, so he'll be good after the birds and the deer. I *love* not having to buy meat! Plus, he gets the experience with his friends, who also get in on the bounty.
In February, we are going to Belize. I went back in 2006 and fell in love with the country. It's 3rd world, but that's part of what makes it so spectacular. I tried to convince Brian to go for our honeymoon, but he wouldn't have it. So, 3.5 years later I finally talked him into it. We'll be going to Ambergis Caye and staying at Tranquility Bay. It's supposedly the only resort in Belize where you can walk out into the water, dunk your head and see the reef. I'm super excited about that since Brian isn't a big "get in the ocean" kind of person. He plans to fish, which the chef will cook your catch for a mere $12! Not too shabby... It's a secluded resort, which I'm kind of looking forward to. The only way there is by boat. I'm also hoping to make enough at my Fall garage sale to be able to go snuba'ing. I had never heard of this before, but it's basically scuba diving and snorkeling rolled up in one. No tank, but you are connected to a regulator that is attached to the boat. I'd love to go to the Blue Hole, but I don't think I'll make enough for that. We'll see.
So, that's what we've been up to lately... yay... if I had more energy I'd post pix, but I'm drained. Time for a quick nap, then on to meet some friends for an afternoon of eating and drinking. :) I love girls night out. They happen way too rarely.
2 years ago
1 comments:
I know exactly what you mean about the smart phones! I pretty much just check FB and email as well, but even just doing that means I'm hardly ever on the computer at home...just to blog:) Happy late Birthday to you and Kaylee!
So jealous of your upcoming trip to Belize. How fun!!
Post a Comment