Powder Room:
Bold, Gray stripes on a shade lighter gray... stripes will be at least 8" thick and will run horizontal. The plates will probably decoupaged so I can be creative with the design. I might even do two small plates with an abstract of the kid's ultrasound... you won't be able to really tell that's what it is though.
Foyer:
The acrylic is a go... but it won't be as big as Brian imagined. We're thinking smaller and centered in the inset. The wall behind the acrylic will be painted a blue, while the part around the acrylic will be painted a shade off from whatever blue we pick. The insets in the ceiling will also be painted blue. At this point, everything else would stay the same.
The rotunda:
I'm going to paint the inset the same as the insets in the foyer. And I need to find a cool 18" chandelier. I'll probably put a round rug in there as well.
The living room:
We're tweaking this a little. Brian wants to build an entertainment center. He has in mind of a bigger wall unit, where as I want a smaller L shaped unit that is more contemporary. It'd be painted white like the trim. I'll try and sketch something to put on the blog of what I'm thinking. Still going with the faint moorish pattern, but will probably only put it on the wall with the windows and the dining room wall.
Yesterday, I found some cool oak dining chairs... $5 for 6. Woot! So, we're looking into fabric to reupholster. I'm planning on sanding and staining them black. Brian wants to build an oval pedestal table. It should look really neat once it's all said and done.
Kaylee's room:
Her room is almost done. Brian's first project is actually her bed. It'll be a daybed with storage underneath, stained black. Hopefully this will take the echo out of her room as well. I also am thinking about building some simple frames to staple fabric around to hang as art.
Liam's room is TBD. But I have some ideas... thankfully, I have a good year before I need to worry about converting his room from a nursery to a kid's room. :)~
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment