Exhasticated...

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I know that's not a real word, but it should be!

I haven't slept much this week, which has led to me being pretty lazy. I didn't go to Zumba Monday, but I managed to drag myself there yesterday. Today and for the rest of the week, I don't have anything really planned for exercise other than walking... assuming I can make myself get out there. I need to. I've gained 2lbs since I stopped walking every day that I wasn't doing Zumba. I really don't want to see the scale go up any further.

Kaylee isn't sleeping well either and I'm not sure what to do. She plays for HOURS once she goes to bed. Even for naps. She goes in there at 2pm but won't fall asleep until 4pm - when she should be waking up. So, then I have to go get her, which leads to a crabby kid. I've tried pushing off naptime, but then she won't nap at all. Same thing for bedtime. She goes in there at 8pm, but we can hear her well past 11pm. WTH?! She has some stuffed animals in there that she insists on sleeping with, but that's about it. If I take them away, she notices. The kid is way too observant.

Liam doesn't really nap during the day unless he's strapped to me, which gives me a sore back. I'm lucky if I can set him down for 10 minutes to blog/check email or FB. Good thing he's cute (again). Ha!


My to do list is huge for today and I haven't been able to touch it. Bummer. I hope I can do a quick clean of the house because I have company coming over tomorrow. Eek! Here's hoping she doesn't ask for a tour..

Maybe I'll get lucky and Liam will sleep 8 hours in one stretch :) My goal is go to bed within an hour of when he does since Brian won't be home til late. Here's hoping I can get to sleep. I've had a lot of trouble with insomnia lately, which blows.

2 comments:

Rain said...

Phoenix has gone through stages like that. We put her in bed at 7 and we hear her in there playing. I think the trick is REALLY wearing them out...which is hard and almost impossible to do sometimes!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

hehehe yea, we play the "run" game... she runs all over the house while I yell "Hurry, hurry!!" I have no idea why she likes this so much, but it's a game I can do with her from the couch while holding Liam. Not sure what else I can do... blah.

Post a Comment