Six months

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Kaylee,
You're 6 months old. Meaning, in 6 months, you'll be a full year. Where has the time gone? With all the 1st birthdays I've been to in the last year, I'm starting to think I need to start planning your party now! I'll refrain though. I really hope to have a down to Earth, simple party that lasts maybe 2 hours. The three 3-4 hour parties with bouncehouses and a ton of people are exhausting for me as an adult. One lasted SIX hours! I can only imagine how they are for a little child. I'd rather not torture you too much... yet. :)

While November was a slow month for development for you, December has been rockin' right along.

You'll now sit unassisted for several minutes playing with a toy.


You grab for toys while on your belly. Holding on to toys now is no problem. And if I put you on your boppy, you'll crawl over it to get your toys. I did figure you'd be crawling by now and now you are making some more progress towards that. You almost flipped over from your back to your stomach several times. I just think you aren't sooo interested in your toys that it's a big draw for you yet.



You've found your feet and have figured out that they fit nicely in your mouth.

We also started solids this month - that's been... fun. You hate rice cereal. Love avocados. Dislike sweet potatoes.

My favorite development though is that you blow raspberries on me. It is the cutest thing! Hopefully, I'll have my video camera within reach one time you do it...

Christmas was INSANE. Everyone did very well as far as getting you small things we could store easily. I was really nervous we'd get a ton of big things. Where would we put it??? The facial expressions you showed were truly priceless though.






Here's hoping I can scrap more soon... and I need to get started on your digital book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment