Starting solids... Kill me now...

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So, my doctor has pretty much told me twice in the last week that I'm starving my child. Nice. She eats on demand. She's happy. Her belly and cheeks are full and round. She's developing - some milestones faster than others, some she's behind on. Regardless, she's following my growth pattern when I was a baby.

Still... I'm apparently not doing enough. Thanks for the awesome guilt trip, doc. This past week was spent agonizing over everything. Unfortunately, everything I tried was refused. To me, this is a sign that she is not hungry. But, still.. I'm trying. Because the last thing I need is for him to report me for starving my baby.

Kaylee hates rice cereal.




I must have tried 5 times yesterday to get her to swallow any of it. She would just spit it back at me. Today, I gave up on the cereal. I'm not going to force something that is that gross. Have you ever tried that junk?? Ugh. I tried avocado. And she liked it well enough that she at least ate most of it. There's a start.



She has 2 weeks to get back to the 4% in weight or lord only knows what the doctor is going to do to me. I am taking ammo in with me on January 3rd though. MY stats. And per that, she is doing EXACTLY what I did at this age. And, I was on solids - by 5 weeks, at that. I'm almost positive, based on the pictures that I was also on formula.

I'm not going to feed her formula. I don't think she needs it. I'm already mad that I'm giving her solids before the time I wanted to. But again... who am I? Oh right.. just the mother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment