We typically do not celebrate Hallmark holidays... no Valentine's or the parent's days.. but this year, I needed a real break. My bff and I decided we were going to go get a foot massage and mani/pedis. The foot reflexology was more of a whole body reflexology. And for $25 for an hour, it was AMAZING. I didn't care much for the mani/pedis... scrubbing my already sensitive feet with a coarse OMG I'M GOING TO JUMP OUT OF THIS CHAIR IF YOU DON'T STOP brush hurt.. my paint chipped almost immediately after I left.. this is why I don't get color on my nails. I can see where half of the clear coat is gone.
But.. it was still a few hours out. Plus, I forgot my cell phone, which means I was completely disconnected from the world and my "you can't leave the house unless I can talk to you 5 minutes after" husband... it was nice. Of course, when I did go home to get it, I had several messages and missed calls from him. Ugh. Seriously... I was gone for 2 hours.
Later that evening, I went over to my bff's for a 31 party. Somehow her friends are either much cooler or much more rich than my friends. She had a handful of people and a $1200 party. Mine barely broke $200, and half of it was ME.
Yesterday was the real treat though. My wish was to be left alone unless I came to them. This didn't really happen, but for the most part , it was nice... I played in the garden all morning and then spent the afternoon in bed watching TV. Brian made dinner and I painted for a little bit before bed.
The common areas of the house are ALMOST done... The living room is done as is the entry room from the garage. The entry all just needs the actual walls painted. I've done all the edges. There's two more sections, but I will probably wait until later this summer to do them..
Wednesday, I'm having dental surgery. I'm scared to death. Two kids. Only one day of help. Ugh. Here's hoping I can take the meds because if I recall they make me drowsy. :(
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment