Free Time...

Thursday, May 23, 2013

I don't get a lot of free time. I think that's a common statement from most moms. Especially SAHMs. We are with our kids 24/7. There's no clocking out. Sometimes there's the wish to go back to work. Actually, I think I make that wish daily. If only to get out of the house by myself for a little while. If only to talk to an adult. And not about poop. I personally hate conversations about bodily functions and don't understand why it's a frequent topic among SAHMs. Do we really have nothing better to talk about?

Tomorrow is the last day of school for Kaylee. I don't feel as ill prepared anymore though. I have a ton of coloring pages for different lessons. Plus all the normal activities we already do. I'm sitting up Storytime where I'll read to kids as well as do a few activities (mine, the neighborhood's, my friend's.. comment if interested.. the first one will be June 5th at 10am)... I'm not sure how long it will last.. I'm thinking an hour.. maybe two... doesn't matter.. do any of us really have plans? Stay all day for all I care... :)

I also finally setup a house keeper. I thought the motivation to clean would last, but it didn't. I just hate doing it but it makes me nauseous not to, if that makes any sense. So, yay.. we'll be more broke, but my house will be clean!

Today, my MIL picked up Liam. She'll pick up Kaylee tomorrow after school. They won't come home until 6pm Saturday. Brian set it up... granted it's because he wants to go to the ranch, but whatever. He never sets up anything unless I tell him, so it was a nice surprise.

First of all, it's been months, if not over a year since Kaylee and I have had alone time. She went down for a nap at 1. Liam was picked up shortly after. By 3, I went to try and wake her. *snore.......* She wouldn't wake. 3:30... *snore.....* Forget it. I was antsy. I wanted her to get up so we could go do something. I was thinking snowcones.. or the community pool.. anything. She didn't wake until 4:30. And by then, traffic is too bad to leave... so we just went out back and played in the water. I played with her, which I usually can't do because I'm too busy trying to make sure both kids stay in the same general area since I'm deathly afraid of little kids being around water without supervision. If it weren't the last day of school, I would keep her home tomorrow so we could go to something, but I just can't do that to her.. or her teachers. They are a trip with how much they love her.


I'm trying to get Liam's room painted. It'll be a dark grey. I hope to save enough money to get the same kind of rug Kaylee has in her room. It's a faux silk... luscious.. Liam loves her rug. We have a few others as well that are the same. They are a big hit. Soft and cuddly... Anyway.. I have most of it taped off, so while Kaylee is at school, I'll get as much done as I can. Thank goodness for borrowed power rollers!

Tomorrow night, I'm kidnapping my neighbor for drinks and dinner. Then Saturday, we're going to scrapbook with another friend. It's like I have a social life or something. Odd. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need all of Sunday to recover from all the adult activities I get to do this weekend. :)~

0 comments:

Post a Comment