Petting Zoos.
Setting Up The Germ Factory
Liam is loving it.
Hello there Goat.
Touching......
Slobbering....
More touching....
Aww, sweet bunny... that she's touching...
Horsey! That she's touching....
What none of these photos show is what she was doing between all of the touching and slobbering. I was trying to calmly get her to just keep her hands on the animals or at her side until we washed them. I don't know these animals and petting zoos are known for giving children lovely stomach viruses.... mostly because they won't keep their gd fingers out of their mouths.... Like THIS.
After asking her calmly 4 times to keep her fingers out of her mouth, I lost it. My anxiety could not take it anymore. And then it happened, I yelled. Everyone stopped and stared at me. The children were shocked, as were the adults. It was wonderful... Then I had two parents tell me how wrong I was and that it's ok if she does this... she'll live.... and I really think that was the source of my break down that later ended up with me being stuck in bed for two days.
Why won't she just listen??? She's perfectly capable of listening when she wants... there was nothing in this situation where she needed to comfort herself. It was purely because she has this habit that she doesn't want to break. And I don't know how to help her break it without being cruel and lets face it, I yell more than I should, so I'd rather not add more trauma to the poor girl's life.
Mother of the year... here I come...
2 comments:
Ha! I smiled while reading this...I yell too...I feel bad after...and phene listens when she wants..
it's annoying...makes me stressed...and I am right up there with you for the mother of the year award!
Glad I'm not alone in the world.. heh just frustrates me that one of the other mothers who is really a germaphobe was hoping her ground and being level headed.. I just couldn't do it. This year sucks. LOL
Post a Comment