Theory....

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I have a theory.. probably not sound, but it seems logical in my head atm. Why don't we, as parents, stop coddling our children. Why don't we teach them how to deal with life... and if we realize (sometimes very hard to do) that we don't have the skills, we reach out for a professional to help our kids instead of just ignoring the problem. This includes dealing with bullies (either because you have one, or your kid is being affected by one), school, peer pressure, major life changes (divorce, birth, death, moving, illness). Lets stop feeding our kids junk. God only knows what companies of processed foods are REALLY putting in our food. Who really knows how this may be affecting our brains and bodies. Maybe.. just maybe... if we spend a little less time bitching and moaning about everything that isn't in our control (haha I'm so one to talk...) things will be better for the next generation. I fear for our kid's futures. I fear for our future "leaders."  Putting a gun in a teacher's hand is not the answer. It's honestly the most absurd thing I've heard lately. Let our teachers teach. Let them TAKE BACK CONTROL of their classrooms. This isn't really about gun control (ban assaults for all I care - shh don't tell my husband I said that..hah)... it's about mental health. Lets move our focus to having a healthier America.

I really wish people would look deeper at this issue. That shooter in CT... he had a mom. And the mom knew he had problems. The mom STILL ignored those problems. I'm sorry, but you don't take your unstable kid to a gun range and teach him how to shoot. You don't keep unsecured weapons in your home. This. Is. Her. FAULT. She ignored very obvious red flags.

I'm living right now with people ignoring my calls for help. Not for me, but for others in my life. It's easier to ignore than to deal and that really infuriates me. I can't do this on my own. I've been asked to. And for the few short days I have dealt, I've reached my wall. My breaking point is here. But I'm pushing on because it's important for this person to get healthy. We need less tragedies in this country. We need our politicians to stop being idiots and work together on a real solution. We need health insurances to stop price gouging. We need people to take personal responsibility for their actions and stop blaming everyone but themselves. We need a smarter America. A healthier America. We need an America that can work together even through the differences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment