Last week my mom, Liam and I flew up to Amaraillo. Liam did wonderful on all 4 flights (2 there, 2 back). I was surprised because well, karma... I've always said (and still believe it), you should never take a child on a plane unless you have to. We didn't HAVE to, we wanted to.
Upon arriving, we were greeted by my cousin who I haven't seen in 20 years and another cousin that I had never met. It was seriously like picking up where we left off.. only we were OLD now. LOL It is a bit bizarre when you last see someone, that's how to remember them. Missy was only 22 when I last saw her. I was 12. Crazy. Stefanie is the daughter of my mother's crazy sister. I've never met her sister and have never had a desire to meet her. I wasn't even sure I wanted to meet her offspring. But, Stefanie ended up being really cool, as were her two daughters. We are only a few months apart in age and are pretty a like in some mannerisms. It's weird.
Missy's son was 6 the last time I saw him. Since then, Thadd has had 2 kids, an 8 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. The boy is his mini-me. To.The.T. Remember that whole stepping back in time thing? Yea.. I was looking at a 5 year old Thadd. Poor kid will hear that his entire life... His daughter favor's his ex more. Both kids were pretty good. I was impressed because of stories I had heard.
Billy, Missy's husband was a trip... he hurt his abs earlier in the week. When he called the doctor to make sure nothing tore, he told him "My guts just ain't right." Ahhh country rednecks. I thought we had them back in Pflugerville.. heh
Liam was sick the entire trip. That sucked. It sucked more having him get sick on me at least once a day. Safety 1st should be ashamed of their products. Their bulb syringe is a PIECE OF SHIT. There's no other way to say it. My mom ended up going to a minor emergency to get one that actually worked. Kaylee also got sick while I was away - same crud. Fun times.
So, what did we do? Not much.. and that was just fine. We went to Cadillac Ranch and the Antique Mall. Oh and Missy took me to the stockyard for some fresh homemade chicken fried steak and taters. O M G. Other than that, we stayed in and watched cheesy Christmas movies and talked. It was cold, so leaving the house wasn't at the top of my list at all. LOL
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment