Bluebonnets! A Texas Tradition

Friday, April 22, 2011

Bluebonnets are Texas' state flower. For some reason, most Texans are obsessed with their Springtime bloom. And I'm no exception. Every year, I look for them and every year I'm a little depressed at how few I see. It's been dry in Texas over the last decade, minus a few years here and there. This year, I really thought I wouldn't get any pictures of Kaylee in them. I was almost panicked. Until a friend of mine posted some pictures of her son in a field of them. WHEW! She gave me the location, which wasn't far from my house.

I didn't sleep that night (no surprise there... I just don't sleep anymore), so I decided to make a list in my head of all the things I would need. My tripod... the remote for my camera that I've yet to use... her little rocking chair... a blanket... her little watering can... her squeaky bunny (to try and entice a smile).. I loaded up the truck the next morning and off we went.

It was cloudy, hot and humid. If it weren't for the hot and humid part of things, I would say it looked like Old Man Winter outside. But, I didn't want anyone to mow them before I could get there. I had already had one field of wildflowers mowed the day before I found out about this field.


"Mom, what is going on??"


"I'm DONE! Get me out of here, woman!"


"Halp! Halp! I'm drowning!" :)


"Ohhh! Ma bunneh!"

5 comments:

Cristy said...

Ack!!!! She's too adorable! I just want to gobble her up!! I love the pic with her on her little chair. Way to cute.

Mr & Mrs T. said...

The pix are actually posted backwards.. I hate blogger sometimes.. ugh... hehe The chair was her grandmother's... soo awesome!

Curiosity said...

Such a fun setting for a picture like that! I'm glad that you found an un-mowed patch. :)

Rain said...

Ha love the pics!!! The chair is a great prop! I will email you some of ours...we didn't find any blue bonnets this year....are you going to share your location???

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Rain, it's in Pfluger Park. They were already going to seed (as you can see in some of the pix).. I definitely caught them at the last minute. I have no idea if they are still there.

Post a Comment