So, here's my first attempt at doing better.
Kaylee's beautiful blue eyes
A few months ago, I was casually talking to Brian about wanting to meet a certain group of ladies I chat with daily. These ladies are in Canada. That's right. Another frickin' country. One that will take 9 hours (with a layover) by plane to get to. They had scheduled this really awesome weekend meetup. And this is where our journey begins....
Brian jokingly mentioned to his dad.. "Yaknow, if you sent us on vacation, you could watch the baby."
The next thing we knew, we had airfare. What the hell just happened here??
We are going to Montreal. THIS WEEK. As in, we fly out Thursday at the butt crack of dawn. Our trip will be 4 days, so we'll come back Sunday afternoon.
I think I might be the craziest person on Earth. Thankfully, I have had zero depression since having the baby. But, I have had a lot more anxiety than I thought. Not so much with having to keep her day in and day out, but being alone at night and being away from her really gets my heart racing. And now... with her being a mere 3 and a half months old, I will be traveling without her to another country. Insanity.
Family Picture at the Pumpkin Festival
Here's hoping that we are so busy laughing, playing and site seeing for me to really worry. I hope that I am able to allow myself this vacation. It was about this time last year that I found out I was pregnant (October 16th to be exact). And it was no picnic. I was sick. I quit my job. I found my dream job that I couldn't keep. I had a baby. I started working from home. I struggled with keeping up with everything.
But, she sleeps through the night. She smiles at me. She coos and gurgles. When I hold her, she grabs my shirt and won't let go. It's pure sweetness to rock her to sleep in the recliner, only to fall asleep myself.
Kaylee Rolls Over
2 comments:
She's such a cutie - love the pics! =)
About time you started updating girl! And since I am one of those crazy Canadians you are coming to see, I will ensure that you give yourself permission to enjoy this vacation! Three sleeps baby! :)
Post a Comment