39 weeks, 2 days

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I'm basically 5 days away from my due date (it's night time, so I'm pretending it's the 21st...). And at this point, there has been no progress, which has been frustrating. Our next appointment is Tuesday. My doctor has stirred up a bit of chaos, which Brian and I will not tolerate. She has scheduled her vacation for the weekend of July 4th and that following week. This is fine if Kaylee is here by then, but seeing how I asked her at week 20 if she was planning a vacation around the holiday and she said no, I'm a little irritated, as I could have changed doctors. I'm not as irritated that her plans changed though because in reality - she's just there to catch. The nurses do the majority of the work. I'm irritated that to convenience her, she wants to induce me on June 30th. A whole 4 days after my due date. She also tried to use scare tactics to get us to go ahead and make the appointment. a) the mortality rate goes up after 40 weeks... b) if you don't get an appointment booked, there won't be any left...

She must think we're real idiots. :)~ First of all, my original due date was June 30th! So, there's room for error right there alone. Secondly, the mortality rates go up a little after 41 weeks and double after 42. The reason? The placenta begins to break down. And guess what, folks! There's a simple way to find out how everything is doing in there... ultrasounds and stress tests. Lastly, she said during the week 33 ultrasound that Kaylee was a little small, but there's THREE WEEKS to play with there, so it's all good. C'mon, lady... who do you think you are fooling?

I do not want to be induced unless it's medically necessary. The complications and possible c-section aren't anything I want to deal or think about at this point. I know I have been miserable the entire pregnancy, but my selfishness for wanting this child to be born a little early will never override her coming on her own when she's done "baking."

A friend of mine whom I work with in the freelance world offered up her husband's services. He practices Chinese medicine and is an acupuncturist that works on a lot of pregnant ladies. I've been in for 3 treatments so far and here's the results:

* heartburn - GONE
* reflux - GONE
* tendon pain - GONE
* morning sickness - almost GONE (I've had 2 episodes in 7 days... that's the smallest number of times I've gotten sick in a weeks time since week 6!)

Basically... I should have done this a lot sooner... LOL My energy level, however does still suck. But, I'll take whatever relief I can get!!

My next treatment with him is Tuesday after my doctor's appointment, in which he plans to push a little harder with the intensity. Hopefully, I've shown some progress at the doctor's... I know she's moving A LOT right now, but I haven't noticed any "dropping" of my tummy or any more pressure than what has already been there, so I'm not holding my breath.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Soo exciting even though your doctor is a douche* =)

Post a Comment