So when I ordered my dress BACK IN JANUARY I specifically asked how long it took to get alterations done. The sales lady replied "Oh, about 2 to 3 weeks." That seemed reasonable.
Fast forward to April 16th when I called to see if my dress was in (It was... the service this shop provides is below average for sure...).
I said, "ok, well, I need to have it altered, so can I just go ahead and make an appointment?"
"Sure, May 1st is the first available day". Hmm... the wedding is only 6 weeks away and I wasn't sure if I trusted her "2 to 3" week estimate from 4 months ago.
So, I asked again. Ok, that's fine.. how long to you expect the 3 alterations to take? "Oh," she says very nonchalantly, "about 6 to 8 weeks."
Wait, what?! How does it jump that much??
Needless to say, I just picked my dress up and have been looking for a tailor ever since. In fact, the dress is still in my truck. Ugh. I think I found someone, but I am already finding that apparently, everyone expects you to know exactly what you are doing. I'm just having the dress altered, so I never thought to bring everything else. You would think they would mention this minor (huge) detail over the phone when you ask if they can alter a WEDDING dress.
Nothing has been easy about planning this wedding. Although, that was exactly what it was supposed to be. I recommend anyone who intends to marry to just elope... save your money and stress and just elope...
On top of all of this... I've been informed that some of the invitations are either coming open or not arriving at all. Stupid faulty envelope glue. Sigh.
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment