I'll admit. I am not the greatest housekeeper. I try, but as soon as I start to clean something I'm attacked by the "But, first..." disease. Eventually, things do get clean, but it's such a frickin' chore... A long time ago, I started thinking about simplifying my life. I started with the sock drawer and worked my way up to negative family/friends. But... I ignored the housework part of things. I guess that's how much I really dislike doing it.
Last year, I made my own laundry detergent. I also made a vow not to buy anymore household cleaners. I can use vinegar, baking soda or borax. But, then I sat there and looked at all that money I was about to throw away on the cleaners I had already bought. I just couldn't do it. I finally ran out of dishwashing detergent. And stovetop cleaner.
I took a big risk (in my world) and decided to clean our nasty, nasty stovetop with baking soda. A stovetop I normally have to spend hours on because it's soooo greasy.
I'm proud to say that I just cleaned my stovetop in 10 minutes. TEN MINUTES. With baking soda and water! My back doesn't even hurt from the scrubbing!
Since the kitchen makeover will officially begin Tuesday, I'm going to give away all of my commercial products. I know it's a lot of money I'm throwing away, but the clutter and the fact that I probably won't ever use Windex on windows again just means I'm holding on to crap for no reason.
My new goal is to find a cure for the "But, first..." disease. It's really not doing me any justice...
I'm so excited!
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment