Brian/Kristal hybrid coming to you Summer 2010

Monday, October 26, 2009

That's right.. I'm pregnant.

Along with that diagnosis means I'm also really bitchy, which is why I took a test in the first place. I figured "I'll just rule this out real quick..." Next thing I knew I was pacing the house going up and down the stairs for the next 2 hours until Brian got home.

I'm still in shock and not real sure what to think of all this. I've only had that maternal need twice in my life. Once when I was 19 and the other soon after I started dating Brian. Things with us seem to be on fast forward. Everything has gone so fast.

In those 2 hours that I was waiting for Brian to get home from work, I tried to find a fun way to tell him. I knew he'd probably be more excited about this than I was, so I wasn't too worried about his reaction. When he gets home, he makes a bee-line to his fish tanks. So, I put the test under the canopy. I had the video going, but his reaction was weird. He thought I was playing a joke on him. So, I asked if he wanted to try and read it again... Apparently, men don't know how to read these things. I think it's pretty obvious... a plus means positive. Once he got it, he was thrilled. Thank goodness someone was cuz I'm terrified.

I had no intentions of telling anyone for a while. Honestly, I was so put off by "friends" and their comments when I got engaged. I didn't get "congrats" or anything similar.. I got "Are you pregnant?"... How rude. So, I am not posting anything on Facebook.

Brian, of course wanted to tell everyone the second he found out. LOL. We spent most of last week spreading the news with select friends and family. Here's the reactions:

Liese -- squeal...
Kinnon -- You're pregnant? Congrats!
Scotty -- 'bout time
Jenny, Jen, Julie -- congrats (told through email since I haven't had much time to visit or call).. Jenny is apparently already planning a baby shower.. LOL
Jason -- non-chalant no shit?
Cecilia -- probably one of the funniest... I was holding Brayden and she jumped up to give me a hug and almost took his little head off... LOL
Meme -- WIN WIN WIN! (My reaction.. did you just say "WIN?" LOL)
Dad -- ok
Bonita -- See I knew it!
Mom -- congrats w/ a weepy hug
Robert/Karen -- crying hug/shock
Eric -- congrats
Ashley -- squeal
Grandma and Papa -- Hotdog! Although it turns out Grandma thought Papa was talking about someone else... LOL

So, here we go... My first appointment is November 19th. I'm super tired. I haven't had a lot of nausea, but I've had some.. When I do get it, it seems to last all morning through mid-afternoon... after that I'm fine, but I want a nap... the worst part so far is my boobs hurt.. LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment