November 20th, 2008
As usual, we went to the ranch this weekend. This has become a great place for us to sit back and relax away from the hustle and bustle of city life. His brother and some of his friends came up Friday night to hunt Saturday morning. They were all in the kitchen, attempting to make some meat paste* while Brian and I were at the bar. We were talking about how cool we were (dorky, right?) and how happy both of us are together. I don't remember really how it got to this point but during the conversation, he found an opportune time to start the motions of getting on one knee and opening a (pretend) box. I instantly got hot and dizzy and almost passed out... The next 10 minutes or so was spent laughing about it and him realizing that he probably just ruined a surprise reaction from me when he decides to actually pop the question. He said my face was priceless.
* meat paste - the concoction of deer burger and ranch style beans (slightly smashed) with assorted seasonings to taste. Really good on tortilla chips. I also like a little cheese.
November 28th, 2008
I spent Thanksgiving with his family at the ranch, much to the dismay of my grandmother who was missing both Jason and I from the feast. There were people everywhere, which typically makes me pretty nervous. This crowd was amazingly easy to be around though. The weekend was a blast. Because we had plans on Saturday, we drove back to Austin on Friday. On the drive home, he's telling me about how everyone came up to him and told him how awesome I was and that he better not screw this up. I'm almost in tears (driving, mind you). He said "Will you marry me one day?" I replied "Sure, honey, one day..." "No, I mean it. Will you marry me?" I could have wrecked right there.
Since then, everything has been a whirlwind adventure.
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment